General Terms & Conditions
1. The Carer/Personal Assistant Scheme is available at Scarborough Spa, South Bay, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 2HD and Whitby Pavilion, West Cliff, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO21 3EN.
2. On applying for the Personal Assistant/Carer Scheme, a person is deemed to have fully accepted the Terms and conditions set out in this document.
3. Where a customer is suspected of breaking these terms and conditions, the management reserve the right to remove the free carer/personal assistant entitlement from the customer’s account.
4. Eligibility to apply for the scheme is as set out below; receipt of any other disability or age-related benefits, pass or permit which is not specified in the eligibility criteria cannot be accepted when applying for the scheme. The proof of entitlement is required at time of application.
5. The person applying for entitlement under this scheme should be able to produce proof of any of the below:
* Recipient of DLA - Middle or Higher Care Component of Disability Living Allowance or Higher Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance.
* Recipient of PIP - Standard or Enhanced Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment or Enhanced Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment.
* Recipient of AFIP – Armed Forces Independence Payment.
* CVI - Certificate of Visual Impairment
* Recipient of AA - Attendance Allowance (Disability Living Allowance for patrons over 65).
* Visually Impaired or Disabled Bus Pass. (The evidence you used when you applied for the disabled bus pass must be provided alongside.)
* Disabled Persons Railcard
* Disabled Identification Card
* CEA Card - Cinema Discount Card.
* Access Card.
The Blue Badge and Employment and Support Allowance schemes will not be accepted as proof of eligibility.
6. The free carer/personal assistant scheme entitles the customer to obtain one ticket free of charge for the person who is to provide assistance for them during their visit to Scarborough Spa or Whitby Pavilion, provided that a ticket is purchased by the eligible customer at the same time and for the same event/performance.
7. Customers requiring two or more carers/personal assistants will be assessed by management on a case by case basis.
8. Free carer/personal assistant tickets are not available for VIP/Meet & Greet tickets or special packages. The carer/personal assistant will be seated as near to the customer requiring assistance as is possible at the time of booking.
9. Any catered events are exempt from the scheme.
10. The scheme is not transferable between customer accounts. The free carer/personal assistant ticket can only be obtained by the customer who is entitled. Carers/personal assistants may assist the customer when purchasing tickets but the booking should be made in the entitled customer’s name with the customer present. Venue management reserve the right to check the validity of eligibility at any point.
11. Only purchases made after the start date of the scheme (1 February 2018) will be eligible. Any tickets for a carer/personal assistant purchased before the scheme start date will not be eligible for a refund of the ticket price.
12. A carer/personal assistant ticket is provided on the assumption that the person accompanying the eligible person is able to provide appropriate assistance. For this reason the assumption will be that the person accompanying the eligible person will be aged 16 years or over. However, management reserve the right to judge the ability of any person to assist the eligible person during their visit to Scarborough Spa or Whitby Pavilion, and to refuse the provision of a free carer/personal assistant ticket where deemed inappropriate.
13. The venues have limited wheelchair spaces and these will be sold on a first come first served basis. Please note that there may not be a free seat next to the wheelchair space at the time of booking but carers/personal assistants will be seated as near to the entitled customer as is possible at the time of booking.
14. Although the venue is accessible for standard sized wheelchairs, some areas are not suitable for large electric wheelchairs/scooters. Please make box office aware if you have one of these so that advice may be given regarding access.
15. The carer/personal assistant ticket must not be sold under any circumstances. If the ticket is no longer required it should be returned to the Box Office for disposal.
16. Use of the scheme does not give customers any additional rights of entry to those enjoyed by other customers. The location and availability of seats are the same for scheme account holders as they are for any customer.
17. The Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or failure to comply with the reasonable requests of management.
18. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a materially altered or cancelled performances/events. This does not affect your statutory rights.
19. We reserve the right to limit the number of free carer/personal assistant tickets that are available per performance.
20. We reserve the right to amend or make alterations to the published details of events/performances as they become necessary.
21. The customer must provide two passport size photos for their scheme ID card/ identification purposes.
22. The customer will be registered on the scheme for three years after which the customer can reapply with updated evidence.
23. This scheme is for tickets purchased through the Scarborough Spa Box office only. If you are purchasing through any other ticket agent you will need to separately apply for the carer scheme offered by that agent.