10:00am - 05:00pm
View Opening Times
Sheffield International Venues Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Sheffield International Venues Ltd of Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8DT.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our websites (beauchiefgolfcourse.co.uk, birleywoodgolfcourse.co.uk, concordsportscentre.co.uk, donvalleystadium.co.uk, eis-sheffield.co.uk, hillsboroughlc.co.uk, icesheffield.com, playgolfsheffield.co.uk, ponds-forge.co.uk, sheffieldcityhall.co.uk, sivltd.com, tinsleyparkgolfcourse.co.uk, taptonparkgolfcourse.co.uk, fitnessunlimited.co.uk, sheffieldgolf.co.uk or any other website we operate from time to time)(beauchiefgolfcourse.co.uk, birleywoodgolfcourse.co.uk, concordsportscentre.co.uk, donvalleystadium.co.uk, eis-sheffield.co.uk, hillsboroughlc.co.uk, icesheffield.com, playgolfsheffield.co.uk, ponds-forge.co.uk, sheffieldcityhall.co.uk, sivltd.com, tinsleyparkgolfcourse.co.uk, taptonparkgolfcourse.co.uk, fitnessunlimited.co.uk, sheffieldgolf.co.uk, scarboroughspa.co.uk, whitbypavilion.com or any other website we operate from time to time)("our sites"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Sheffield International Venues Ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out such as ticket purchases, memberships or venue bookings (whether through our site or otherwise) and of the fulfilment of your orders. This may include ongoing account management, for example for gym memberships.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Details of your visits to our facilities.
- Other information you provide to us, for example when providing us with comments on our services.
- [If you attend an event at one of our venues we may video or photograph you, and we operate CCTV cameras. This will usually be as part of general filming of the venue and will not usually focus on specific individuals.]
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to compile aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide services to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information about upcoming events.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Where we contact you regarding new products, services and events, we will do so by telephone, post or email depending on the contact details you provided. If you do not want us to contact you, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Sheffield International Venues Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Your data may be shared amongst all venues owned or operated by or on behalf of Sheffield International Venues Ltd.
- Where we organise an event or provide facilities in conjunction with third parties, for example Sheffield City Council, sports governing bodies, promoters or venue management companies, we may provide your personal data to the relevant third party for them to use so that they can send you information which may be of interest to you? [If you do not want them to send you this information please let us know on email@example.com the relevant opt out box]
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our [secure] servers or the servers of our service providers. Some of these servers may be located in Canada. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please contact us at email@example.com